Monday 10 March 2008

Litigious

I read with disdain that record companies are suing Eircom to prevent people from downloading illegal music via their Eircom broadband connection.

I can't accurately put into words the cavalcade of thoughts that are flowing through my head right now, but hell, I'll give it a shot.

1) Fuck the record companies. Maybe if they stop trying to sell us shite, banality and talentless wank we might actually want to buy something from them.
2) From my experience, Eircom broadband doesn't work anyway. I really can't see it working for long enough to download an entire song
3) Following on from point two above, does anybody really think that Eircom engineers would be capable of applying any sort of filtration software without making an almighty balls of it?

3 comments:

ovak30 said...

My good man,
I am in complete agreement with you on this, bar the Nickelback reference because I have been for many a year their biggest fan at large, in fact I had been contemplating emerging from the shadows on one of the uncountable nights I have spent skulking in the glorious darkness that it is to be a fan and try to convince them, the greatest band in history, to indulge me with an album of Patrick Swayze covers. Now that the Swayz is on the way out it would be more poignant and then of course it would become the biggest selling album of all time,

Anonymous said...

yes indeed. Agreed on all accounts with the post above. Filthy cunts eircom, and the music business makes me sick, sick to my very blog. - http://redleeroy.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/same-different-sam-difference/

Jerry Kiely said...

I say,

that reminds me of the day I was forced into a large tube and rolled down a steep incline. I protested, fearing I would suffer injury, but my mother insisted that I do it.

I sustained four fractures, and a donkey.

Your's, etc.

J.K.