Wednesday 5 March 2008

Parking Tickets....your crazy.....I didn't.......well they have some outstanding warrants.....


Dj Shadow sampled a comedian called Murray Roman on his album "Entroducing" in the early 90's for the track Stem/Long Stem. Roman was around in the 1960's and was by all accounts in a similar vain to Bill Hicks. I was always facinated by the sample as I thought it was Elliot Gould in some classic 1970's film.

Here are some links to Romans work and possibly one of the best names for an album I have heard in a while. "You Can't Beat People Up And Have Them Say I Love You". Spoken word infused with funk and soul music. Quite strange and enjoyable.

Links Are Here



If anyone can suggest links or leave a comment with more info on Roman I would be in your debt.

No comments: